Thus far, we have covered what it takes to set your business apart from the competition and what it is that you’re really selling to your customers. Now, it’s time to roll up your sleeves and do the digging necessary to find your customers and let them know who you are.
The following items will help you to target your marketing strategies to ensure you get the most mileage out of your campaigns:
- Is your ideal customer male or female?
- How old are they?
- What is their average annual income?
- Do they have a family?
- Where do they live?
- What are their hobbies or interests?
- Where do they currently get their needs comparable to what you’re offering?
- How much does that cost?
- What is it about their current supplier that they like/dislike?
Again, this isn’t a comprehensive list of things to consider by a long shot, but it should get you started in the right direction. The most important thing in this step is to take your time. The more you can figure out about your ideal customer and your competition that they’re using now, the more prepared you will be to plan an ad campaign.